Sunday, February 27, 2011

happy 15th anniversary, pokemon!!

Hi everyone!

Just a short post today since I wanted to point out that today is the 15th anniversary of Pokemon! The original Pokemon Red and Green were released on this day in 1996 in Japan. It seems like time really flies sometimes... I remember watching the first episode of the animated series when it aired here in Canada on YTV and how much I loved it. I think every kid wants to go on an adventure and the series always had such a sense of discovery and fun. I convinced my little brother to lend me his copy of Blue and I've looked forward to each new generation of games since then!


There is a special event going on today at the Pokemon Center Yokohama with all sorts of events like a bingo game and a special battle. There's even live music :) It looks like so much fun, I wish I could be there!

On Sunday, the release day of Black and White, I'll be working an 8.5-hour shift and it'll be a tough wait to get home and play my copy of Black! But I know we'll be busy getting copies of the games out to all the kids who came in to preorder, and I bet a lot of them will be playing Pokemon for the first time. I hope they have the same sense of wonder and delight I had when I was younger and played for the first time too!

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment